Unrestrained capitalism cannot be allowed to prevail. Pure capitalism is completely oriented toward profit. Pure capitalism cares about nothing else.
Pure capitalism will:
- Exploit human resources with a stark result
- Exploit natural resources without regard for the future
- Use politicians to pursue foreign resources, urging war where necessary
- End with the planet devastated and dead
This is why we need a strong government run by politicians that have not been bought by corporate or private concerns.
What needs to be done?
- Politicians that have been bought by corporate interests or by privileged rich individuals must be identified and purged from the government
- The EPA needs to be given wider powers to stop exploitation of natural resources and control what we have left
- Conservation and recycling of resources rather than discarding in landfills must become part of the national psyche
- Corporations that have been found guilty of bribing politicians or of buying politicians must be banned from doing business in the U.S.
End of preliminary analysis.