- 1.a person advocating or implementing social reform or new, liberal ideas.synonyms:innovator, reformer, reformist, liberal, libertarian
- 2.a progressive tense or aspect:”the present progressive”
- 1.happening or developing gradually or in stages; proceeding step by step:”a progressive decline in popularity”synonyms:continuing, continuous, increasing, growing, developing, …
- 2.(of a group, person, or idea) favoring or implementing social reform or new, liberal ideas:”a relatively progressive governor”
The term progressive is deceptive in that what is progressive is relative. Who determines what is progressive?
- The definition seems to indicate that only liberals are progressive.
- The term progressive seems something a liberal or other SJW (social justice warrior) might apply to themselves as a sort of self pat-on-the-back.
An example of “progressives gone wild” is the march to recognize and force acceptance of every single social anomaly that arises. There are so many minority groups marching for acceptance that they outnumber the so-called majority. One group or another, be it transgender, gay, women (the only majority looked upon with minority status), or make up your group, is seeking “equality”, read… extra privileges and considerations. Normal social discussion, interaction, is no longer possible as so many classes of individuals take offense upon the slightest of provocations.
Laws presently on the books are adequate, perhaps even overly oppressive, yet more laws are desired by so-called progressives seeking societal change at any cost. Acceptance of every aberration is sought. Whereas society tolerated previously these aberrants, now progressives are demanding that society accept these abnormal behaviors as normal… in the name of human rights, no less. Those that resist in the slightest are labeled bigots, racists, this or that phobic… and asked to step aside or in many cases, told to die.
If the present date rush to recognize society’s misfits as normal, and punishing normals who do not comply, continues, there will be chaos and collapse of the framework of society. There will be civil war.