The concept of the oppression of women in America is a myth created by feminists in an attempt to take power.
Along with the myth of oppression (by some vague nebulous patriarchal means) the feminists also created other myths to urge the membership to action:
• The wage gap myth ( solved in the 60’s)
• The rape culture myth ( invented by college feminists in order to destroy men’s careers)
• Find more here: http://www.deltabravo.net/cms/plugins/content/content.php?content.267
There is in fact no right that a man has that a women does not. I defy anyone to name even one. However, it is easy to name a right, indeed, rights that men do not have that women do have. Among them:
• A man cannot choose parenthood.
• Whereas there is a law prohibiting female circumcision, a man has no such protection and the decision is not his.
• Every young man must sign up with selective service or he will not receive certain rights a woman gets automatically:
1. The maximum penalty for failing to register with Selective Service is a $250,000 fine and up to five years in prison. Failure to register will cause ineligibility for a number of federal and state benefits including:
2. A man must be registered to be eligible for jobs in the Executive Branch of the Federal government and the U.S. Postal Service. This applies only to men born after December 31, 1959.
3. Men who are not registered with Selective Service cannot obtain Federal student loans or grants. This includes Pell Grants, College Work Study, Guaranteed Student/Plus Loans, and National Direct Student Loans.
4. The U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) makes registration with Selective Service a condition for U.S. citizenship, if the man first arrived in the U.S. before his 26th birthday and was required to register.
5. The Workforce Investment Act (formerly JTPA) offers important job-training opportunities. This program is only open to those men who register with Selective Service.
6. Most states have added additional penalties for those who fail to register with Selective Service.
• In divorce women are the assumed custodian of the child. Despite a record of bad behavior women get first consideration.
•Rape and sexual assault are defined as such for women but not for men.
Society in general is very gynocentric. In almost every facet of life women are favored. They are thought of as more innocent, moral, and more intelligent than men. They are almost always painted as the sugar and spice and everything nice little girl.
Women receive overall more lenient prison sentences than men for the very same kind of crimes. Often, even if there is no man in sight, they are said to have been led down the low road by one. A few tears can even get a woman a reduced sentence, or possibly even simply probation for the most heinous of crimes: murder. Many speculate the reason women get such treatment is that women carry child-like appearances over into adulthood. Others, more outspoken, simply state that women have been coddled that they have become like spoiled children.
If anyone is oppressed in America it is men. Called upon to put his life on the line in war. Denigrated in all media as stupid, lazy, and reprehensible. Told to never hit a woman while a woman is not told to never hit a man. Expected to give a DNA sample if a woman is raped within several miles of the vicinity or look guilty: Assumed guilty rather than innocent upon accusation. Expected to stand and let a woman have his seat, expected to stay on a sinking ship if there aren’t enough lifeboats and let the women and children be saved. In fact and deed nearly a slave in most respects. Feminists do not fight to free the man from these expectations, oh no, despite the vile they heap upon men they expect the same courtesies as always. But then, they never said they were fighting for the responsibilities that go with having rights… they were fighting just to have the rights.